29 Jan Be a small business web slinging superhero
You don’t necessarily need to be bit by a radioactive spider to get superhuman SEO (Search Engine Optimization) powers. But you do need a good plan of action and knowledge that things may not develop overnight.
Organic SERPs (Search Engine Results Page) aka “The keyword query blues”
Let’s focus on the organic results, these are the results that pop up on the lefthand side of the page in Google, after typing in your search term. If you represent a unique business or service and have keywords that are not in competition with thousands of other sites, consider yourself lucky. Your business or service is likely to pop up on the first page without much effort.
If you have highly competitive keywords and are selling a product or service that is identical in nature to many others, you are in the thick of it. This is where the importance of SEO comes in, and this is also the place where your Spidey sense should be it’s sharpest.
Don’t sacrifice your humanity for the sake of superhuman SEO powers.
What I suggest:
- Don’t turn your site into SEO speak. It’s like Icarus flying too close to the sun, you may return great organic results, but when the real human part of the equation sees your website and it’s highly optimized gibberish, most will be turned off and exit your site.
- Don’t use every SEO optimization scheme available. Use any suggestions you find in moderation.
- Don’t sacrifice your core message. Be unique and provide valuable information to your customers and don’t compromise because your SERP may suffer slightly. Keep your business and it’s core message intact.
- Use long-term back link efforts to improve SERP. A back link is a link back from another website to yours. Find a partner, become part of an organization that allows back links, leave a website link on blog responses. A back link is basically a vote for your website, and the more closely related that site is to yours, the more weight that link is given.
- PPC Advertisements. Pay per click ads will help you get ahead of the pack. There is an investment, a certain amount of management involved, and a mid to long-term commitment. This may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Now I realize that much of this is beyond the scope of running a small business on an everyday basis. You may not have the time or even the patience to do these things. Let Mental Pixel Website Design handle all your web slinging SEO needs and make your business grow.
If you have comments, questions, or are in need of our talents! (Website Design, Logo Design, SEO, Web Marketing, eNewsletters, Link Building, Analytics)
Call us 516-356-1408, or visit www.mentalpixel.com